One of your piano’s most important assets is it’s tone. Properly voiced, your piano can offer you a rich palette of musical expression, and inspire good practice habits. If the only service your piano has received is tuning, the sound can likely be improved by voicing.
Your piano may benefit from voicing if:
- Your piano sounds different than when you purchased it
- You don’t like the sound, even after it’s been tuned
- Tone varies radically from note to note
- You cannot acheive a range of tone (mellow to bright) at different volumes
- The piano has lost it’s ability to play softly